Project Phases/ Benchmarks
In January 2015, OSU selected OmniUpdate to succeed Drupal 7 as the university's supported content management system.
- Migrate existing Joomla/Drupal sites to OmniUpdate
- Continue working with phase 2 pilots
- Work with large colleges and departments to begin migration planning
- Open CMS to all users
- Provide end user training for all users
- Launch templates, features, and server configuration finalized.
- Finalize and launch Pilot Sites
- Started allowing site requests for phase 2 pilot groups
- Started offering end user training to pilot groups
- Pilot Sites migrated to Omni, pilot users begin testing platform
- Server configurations, administrative setup, template adjustments, feature additions, administration tools developed based on pilot feedback
- Template Development/CMS Integrations
- Requirements gathering, meetings with stakeholders, mapping out features for initial templates, designing and developing HTML5/Responsive templates